Applied from 01.07.2021 16:40:|
- Updated entry restrictions.
Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 test result. Tests accepted are LAMP, NEAR, Next Generation Sequence, quantitative antigen (CLEIA), RT-PCR, Smart Amp, TMA or TRC. The test must:
- specify that it is based on nasopharyngeal swab or saliva; and
- be taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first international embarkation point; and
- be in English.
Details can be found at https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000769032.pdf and https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html .
-- This does not apply to passengers younger than 6 years.
-- This does not apply to passengers with a consular letter specifying why the test could not be taken.
Passengers must complete a "Quarantine Questionnaire" at https://arqs-qa.followup.mhlw.go.jp/ . This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival.
Passengers must install the "MySOS" mobile app.
Visas issued on or before 20 March 2020 by a diplomatic representation of Japan in Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom or Vatican City (Holy See) are invalidated.
Visas issued on or before 27 March 2020 by a diplomatic representation of Japan in Bahrain, Brunei Darussalam, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Thailand or Viet Nam are invalidated.
Visas issued with "EX-B" or "EX-R" in the Remarks column by a diplomatic representation of Japan in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China (People's Rep.), Chinese Taipei, Korea (Rep.), Lao People's Dem. Rep., Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand or Viet Nam are not accepted for entry.
Nationals of China (People's Rep.) with a passport issued in Hubei Province or Zhejiang Province (China People's Rep.) are not allowed to enter Japan.
- This does not apply when passengers can prove that they have not been in Hubei Province and Zhejiang Province the last 14 days.
Passengers with an Olympic Identity and Accreditation Card (OIAC) or Paralympic Identity and Accreditation Card (PIAC) (including cards in Pre-Valid Card (PVC) format) must present a QR code from the app OCHA before departure and upon arrival.
- This does not apply to passengers with a "Prior Consent Form" to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) or the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT).
- This does not apply to passengers with a Written Pledge.