Travel restrictions of Jersey Last updates at 25.05.2020 00:00
- Entry restrictions
Until further notice, only those who qualify for necessary travel purposes may travel to or from the Island. Necessary travel refers to either:
- essential government workers or contractors travelling to/from Jersey for the purposes of their work;
- essential private or voluntary sector workers travelling to/from Jersey for the purposes of their work;
- travelling to/from the UK for medical treatment;
- travelling to reach a permanent home in Jersey or the UK;
- travel on compassionate grounds;
- travelling to reach a permanent home outside the UK;
- travelling for educational purposes.
If you believe that you qualify for necessary travel, you must seek JCIS authorisation at the time of booking your travel at web-site https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Travel/Pages/CoronavirusTravelAdvice.aspx . Please note that you should be prepared to provide proof that your travel is necessary both at the time of booking and of travel.
More details are available here: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Travel/Pages/CoronavirusTravelAdvice.aspx
- Home/self isolation
All travellers must now self-isolate for 14 days regardless of whether they are displaying coronavirus symptoms or not.
Guidance for travellers:
- solo travellers, who live alone, should immediately go into isolation;
- a family or group travelling together should all immediately go into isolation;
- where a solo traveller is returning to a shared or family home and is not showing any symptoms of infection, they should separate themselves from others in the home in accordance with self-isolation advice for 14 days. Family members should strictly follow home isolation advice: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/StayAtHome/Pages/StayAtHome.aspx
- where a solo traveller is returning to a shared or family home has or develops symptoms of coronavirus, their whole household must self-isolate in accordance with the household isolation guidance: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/PublicHealthGuidance/Pages/HowToSelfIsolate.aspx
During the isolation period of 14 days, anyone who develops coronavirus symptoms should call the helpline on +44 (0) 1534 445566.
More information is available here: https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Travel/Pages/CoronavirusTravelAdvice.aspx