Travel restrictions of Hungary Last updates at 23.09.2020 12:22
- Entry restrictions
Passengers are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to family members of nationals of Hungary.
- This does not apply to family members of passengers with a permanent residence permit issued by Hungary.
- This does not apply to passengers with a "D" visa issued by Hungary.
- This does not apply to passengers with a signed and stamped letter issued by the Deputy-Chief Officer of the National Police.
- This does not apply to passengers traveling on business.
- This does not apply to passengers transiting via Hungary to another country. They must be able to prove that they are allowed to enter the final destination, or prove that they can enter a neighboring country in order to reach their final destination.
- This does not apply to passengers arriving for cultural or sport events in Hungary with a personal invitation letter issued by the official organizer of the event or with a valid ticket for the event. They must have a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result issued at most 3 days before arrival.
- Forced isolation
Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for 14 days.