Travel restrictions of Switzerland Last updates at 18.03.2021 01:58
- Entry restrictions
Passengers are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to passengers with a D visa issued by Switzerland.
- This does not apply to passengers with proof of being spouses, registered partners, children under 21 years, grandchildren under 21 years, dependent children, dependent grandchildren, dependent parents or dependent grandparents of residents of Switzerland who are passengers with "British Citizens" passports , "British Overseas Territories Citizens" passports issued by Gibraltar and "British Subjects" passports with a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode issued by the United Kingdom.
- This does not apply to passengers arriving from Schengen Member States.
- This does not apply to passengers arriving from Andorra, Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland (Rep.), Korea (Rep.), Monaco, New Zealand, Romania, Rwanda, San Marino, Singapore, Thailand and Vatican City (Holy See). If they transit through other countries, they must stay in the international transit area of the airport.
- This does not apply to spouses, registered partners, children under 21 years, grandchildren under 21 years, dependent children, dependent grandchildren, dependent parents or dependent grandparents of nationals of EEA Member States. They must present proof of their relationship.
- This does not apply to passengers with a Schengen C visa issued by Switzerland after 16 March 2020.
- This does not apply to unmarried partners of residents of Switzerland. They must have a written invitation from the residents in Switzerland and present proof of their relationship.
Passengers must have:
- a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
- a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken at most 24 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. They are subject to a COVID-19 rapid antigen or PCR test upon arrival at their own expense.
-- This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
-- This does not apply to passengers with a positive COVID-19 test result of a test taken in the past 3 months. They must also have a recovery certificate.
-- More exemptions can be found at https://tinyurl.com/2xllqfnn .
- provide the contact details electronically at https://swissplf.admin.ch/home ; or
- complete the "Contact Tracing Card" form. The form is available at https://static.vueling.com/corporative7/media/1647/swiss_authority_arriving_passenger_contact_tracing_card-pd.pdf or on board.
- Quarantine is possible
Passengers could be subject to quarantine for 10 days. A list of quarantine exemptions can be found at https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html .