Imposed total entry ban. New Zealand borders are closed.
- This does not apply to nationals of New Zealand, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions, and their immediate family.
- This does not apply to nationals Australia and permanent residents if New Zealand is their primary place of established residence.
- This does not apply to diplomats accredited to New Zealand and currently resident in New Zealand.
- This does not apply to Visitor, student and work visa holders who are ordinarily resident in New Zealand and who are the partner or dependent child of a temporary student or work visa holder who is in New Zealand.
- This does not apply to partners, dependent children and legal guardians of, and who are traveling with: New Zealand citizens or permanent resident visa holders; or New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa was granted in New Zealand; or New Zealand resident visa holders where the resident visa holder is arriving in New Zealand for a second or subsequent time where they are travelling with that New Zealand citizen or resident visa holder.
- This does not apply to the following: essential health workers, as confirmed by the Ministry of Health; or other essential workers, as confirmed by the New Zealand Government; or citizens of Samoa and Tonga making essential travel to New Zealand; or people coming to New Zealand for humanitarian reasons.